Title: Advocate Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Director and Program Director
Status: Exempt, Full Time
Child Advocates – Denver CASA advocates for the best interests of children who have experienced abuse or neglect by training diverse volunteers who create opportunities for children, youth and families to thrive. Denver CASA trains and supervises Court Appointed Special Advocate Volunteers who work with children and youth who have been abused and neglected and have a child welfare case open.
To provide support for the CASA program by: Supervising volunteers focused on advocating for the needs of children in the child welfare system; monitoring and maintaining data on assigned cases and volunteers; assisting with general management of the program; implementing supplemental programs that benefit the CASAs and the child welfare community. This is NOT a direct service role.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Denver CASA continues to build a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the distinct voices of our employees, volunteers, board members and children served. We want every employee to feel valued and appreciated and bring their fully authentic selves to work. Child Advocates-Denver CASA is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin or any other protected characteristic. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates.
- Responsible for all aspects of high-quality supervision for 30-35 CASA Volunteers.
- Ensure timely and efficient handling of volunteers’ case assignment process, including supporting and/or participation with the CASA Volunteer in home visits, youth and family interactions and collaboration with professional team members.
- Coach volunteers on interacting and relationship building with children, youth and families.
- Responsible for on-going development of CASA Volunteers by providing strong, consistent supervision and direction for each CASA Volunteer individually.
- Work with other child welfare professionals to support CASA Volunteers.
- Responsible for ensuring CASA Volunteers maintain local and National CASA standards of child visits, court reporting and data reporting.
- Work in conjunction with the Program Director to incorporate new and upcoming trends in child welfare, volunteer retention and supervision.
- Daily maintenance of CASA volunteer records; database management, review and reporting.
- Ensure that CASA’s are tracking their time and interactions in the Optima database.
- Accountable for regular reporting to the Program Director and Assistant Program Director.
- Work with each CASA to ensure complete and timely reporting on outcome related information.
- Track and report on all case information including case composition, demographics, court dates and changes to permanency plan.
General Program Support
- Assist Program Director with volunteer satisfaction and retention strategies.
- Work with Volunteer and Data Specialist to engage CASA Volunteers in organizational activities and opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors’ degree preferred,
2 years of related experience required,
Bilingual in English and Spanish highly desirable,
Able to exercise independent judgement in stressful situations
Experience in the following areas helped:
- Managing adult volunteers
- Working with children and youth
- Working in human services, social work, public administration, law or related fields
- Expertise in related fields such as trauma, mental health and special education
- Knowledge of juvenile court, child welfare and social services systems
Strong data input, management, analysis and reporting skills,
Excellent communications skills,
Ability to positively represent the organization in meetings with community stakeholders
Salary range: $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience
Health, dental and vision benefits available, life and disability insurance, plus generous time off including half day Friday hours.
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected]. Please include “Advocate Supervisor” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until positions are filled. No phone calls, please.