Child Advocates – Denver CASA is part of a national movement of organizations that train volunteers to serve
child and youth victims of abuse and neglect. CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocate and a CASA
Volunteer works closely with the courts and human services and ensures that the needs of the child or youth
are being met. All of the children and youth served by Child Advocates – Denver CASA have an open
dependency, neglect or truancy case with the Denver Department of Human Services. Many of them are placed
in foster care, and separated from their families. CASA Volunteers, along with the other professionals on the
case, focus on finding a permanent and safe home for the child or youth.
To provide support for the Child Advocates—Denver CASA program by: Supervising volunteers focused on
advocating for the needs of children in the child welfare system; monitoring and maintaining data on assigned
cases and volunteers; assisting with general management of the program; implementing supplemental
programs that benefit the CASAs and the child welfare community as a whole. This is NOT a direct service role.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Denver CASA continues to build a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the
distinct voices of our employees, volunteers, board members and children served. We want every employee to
feel valued and appreciated and bring their full authentic selves to work.
- Responsible for all aspects of high-quality Advocate supervision for 30-35 CASA Volunteers.
- Ensure timely and efficient handling of Advocates’ case assignment process, including supporting and/or
participating with the CASA Volunteer in home visits, youth and family interactions and collaboration
with professional team members.
- Responsible for coaching adult volunteer Advocates on interacting and relationship building with
children and youth.
- Responsible for ensuring Advocates maintain National CASA standards of child visits, court reporting
and data reporting.
- Work in conjunction with the Program Director to incorporate new and upcoming trends in volunteer
retention and supervision.
- Daily maintenance of spreadsheets and Advocate records; Database management, review and reporting.
- Accountable for regular reporting to the Program Director.
- Work with each volunteer to ensure complete and timely reporting on outcome related information.
- Track and accurately report on all case information including: case composition, demographics, court
dates and changes to permanency plan.
General Program Support:
- Assist Volunteer and Data Specialist with volunteer satisfaction and retention strategies.
- Work with Program Director and the Volunteer and Data Specialists to engage Advocates in
organizational activities and opportunities.
Bachelors’ degree preferred
2 years of related experience required
Bilingual in English and Spanish highly desirable
Experience in the following areas preferred:
- Managing Adults/volunteers
- Working with children and/or youth helpful
- Working in human services, social work, public administration, law or related fields
- Expertise in related fields such as trauma, mental health and special education
- Knowledge of juvenile court, child welfare and social services systems
Strong data input, management, analysis and reporting skills
Excellent communications skills
Ability to positively represent the organization in meetings with community stakeholders
Ability to work in a hybrid setting (remotely and in the office)
Salary range $50,000-55,000 commensurate with experience. Health, dental and vision benefits available.
Please submit resume, cover letter and 3 references to [email protected]. Please include Advocate
Supervisor in the subject line. Resumes accepted until position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Child Advocates-Denver CASA is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression,
national origin or any other protected characteristic. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates.