Title: Development Associate
Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Child Advocates – Denver CASA advocates for the best interests of children who have experienced abuse or neglect by training diverse volunteers who create opportunities for children, youth and families to thrive. Denver CASA trains and supervises Court Appointed Special Advocate Volunteers who work with children and youth who have been abused and neglected and have a child welfare case open.
Denver CASA’s Development Associate serves as a member of the Development Team. This person is primarily responsible for administrative upkeep, financial reporting, and logistical support for the Development Department. We are looking for someone who is organized and detail oriented, interested in learning more about Development operations. The Development Associate handles additional projects necessary to raising funds, recruiting volunteers, and conducting community outreach. These projects include, but are not limited to, staffing fundraising events, conducting donor research, and creating marketing materials.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Denver CASA continues to build a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the distinct voices of our employees, volunteers, board members and children served. We want every employee to feel valued and appreciated and bring their fully authentic selves to work. Child Advocates-Denver CASA is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin or any other protected characteristic. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Denver CASA continues to build a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the distinct voices of our employees, volunteers, board members and children served. We want every employee to feel valued and appreciated and bring their authentic selves to work. Denver CASA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- Manage and facilitate all financial and donor data entries in Bloomerang, our CRM
- Facilitate all month-end revenue reporting in conjunction with the Director of Development and accounting consultant
- Compile and distribute timely donor acknowledgements and tax receipts
- Assist with donor stewardship and regular donor communications
- Compile call sheets to top donors and community partners
- Process and respond to development-related inquiries to the general mailbox
- Conduct regular inventory of and ensuring supply of letterhead, posters, brochures, and other development assets
- Coordinate and assist with the execution of the annual development marketing calendar, including:
- Assist with the production of marketing materials
- Assist with the production and distribution of the annual report
- Coordinate and distribute year-end tax summary letters
- Assist with social media content and management
Fundraising and Community Event Coordination
- Coordinate and assist with two annual fundraisers, conducting tasks including:
- Coordinate and participate in all efforts to publicize event
- Facilitate of a donor acknowledgement and follow up process
- Coordinate event correspondence and promotion; Assist with the auction item acquisition process
- Assist with acquiring event sponsorship and underwriters
- Conduct registration, check-in/out, and donation procedures; and
- Complete data entry in GiveSmart, or comparable event management software
- Support community engagement with various tasks, including:
- Coordinate and assist with annual holiday shop
- Work with internal staff to address and communicate programmatic needs
- Assist with community organization and event research
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Communications, and/or relevant experience in nonprofit or business administration
- 1 to 3 years successful experience in nonprofit fundraising and communications a plus
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, Microsoft Office (Teams, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience in integrated marketing and communications environment (including graphic design, website, newsletter, social media, newsletter communications) a plus
- Comfort with managing and utilizing a CRM system
- Ability to prioritize and balance workload using project management software
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Monday – Friday regular business hours
- Some evening and weekend hours required
Salary range: $42,000 – $48,000 per year, commensurate with experience
Health, dental and vision benefits available, life and disability insurance, 403b plan, plus generous time off including half day Friday hours.
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected]. Please include “Development Associate” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until positions are filled. No phone calls, please.