Americans’ expectations of companies’ philanthropic and social roles are at an all-time high: 83% say companies have a responsibility to help support causes, and 92% acknowledge they have a more positive image of a company that supports a cause they care about. Few, if any, causes have broader or more compelling appeal than coming to the aid of abused and neglected children. Child Advocates – Denver CASA is a highly effective, practical way to bring brighter futures to children while meeting your corporate goals and investing in the community where you live and work. Our mission is very compelling to our partners’ existing customers, potential customers and employees.
Types of Corporate Support
Child Advocates – Denver CASA relies on corporate giving to support our ability to bring positive change to the lives of vulnerable children. We offer multiple ways to give so you can select a financial and/or in-kind option that suits your corporate giving goals and requirements while making an important impact in your community. We encourage you to evaluate the options described below and will be grateful for any type of support you can provide. We hope that this sheet provides you with some options for you to consider to help support our mission and services.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT OPTIONS
We are grateful for one-time and repeat financial gifts that support our work and enable us to train more volunteers to advocate for kids. Each donation of $250 or more earns a Colorado Childcare Tax Credit. Cash donations can be made online at DenverCASA.org
Corporate Sponsorship of Child Advocates – Denver CASA events provides an opportunity to create positive change while providing your company with numerous benefits. These include reaching new target audiences, increasing stakeholder loyalty and making a social impact in the communities where you do business. We have many sponsorship levels available.
There are two events for which sponsorships are available:
- Light of Hope Breakfast: The Light of Hope Breakfast both celebrates and expands the service of CASA volunteers working to give hope to abused and neglected children. This free, one-hour breakfast is an opportunity to learn more about CASA and the services it provides for our most needy and vulnerable children, and to make a pledge, with no minimum or maximum, to support these critical services. The Light of Hope Breakfast offers companies’ different levels of sponsorships, where your company can help make a difference while showing your support for our cause.
- End of Summer Soiree: Child Advocates – Denver CASA’s annual End of Summer Soiree provides another opportunity for community members to gather and show their support for CASA’s mission. Guests purchase tickets to enjoy a wonderful evening out filled with games, photo booth fun, food and drinks. They are also able to learn more about the specific needs of kids in the foster care system and the amazing ways our volunteers provide stability and a voice for the children we serve. As a sponsor, companies have opportunities to provide support while also receiving name recognition.
Host Your Own Fundraising Event for Child Advocates-Denver CASA:
Many corporations want to help support Child Advocates-Denver CASA by holding their own fundraising events. We welcome these opportunities! If you have an idea in mind for a fundraiser, we only ask that you contact us prior to planning the event so that we can ensure that this fundraising opportunity is not only appropriate to the mission of Child Advocates-Denver CASA, provide any assistance or materials that you might like for the event, and also have the opportunity to properly thank the organizers and participants.
- Customer giving: Businesses with retail locations can present new opportunities to get their customers involved in giving to Child Advocates-Denver CASA at their cash registers. All the donations come from their customers.
- Cause Marketing: Our nonprofit gains awareness and a percentage of sales which typically attracts new customers that want to support the cause. Child Advocates-Denver CASA can also publicize your event in our newsletter and encourage the community to use your business.
IN-KIND SUPPORT OPTIONS
In-kind donations the opportunity to give excess merchandise, materials, or services while receiving the full tax benefits of a cash donation. Sometimes you may have resources in addition to money or time that would be helpful to Child Advocates-Denver CASA. For example, gift cards to stores help us to take care of unexpected needs and occasionally grant special wishes for our CASA children. Below are some options for in-kind donations of items and other support:
- In-Kind Services: We welcome services such as printing for volunteer recruitment materials and manuals, invitations, event programs and signage, graphic design, photography and video production, advertising, social media support, and accounting are always appreciated.
- Program Support for Kids: Donate tickets to games and amusement parks for kids and their CASA Volunteers, gift cards to Target, Wal-Mart, Office Depot, gasoline cards for volunteers or any other gifts and activities that will benefit the children and youth we serve.
- Office Supply Needs: Donate new computer equipment, paper products, first class postage stamps, and other office supplies.
- Volunteer Events: Child Advocates-Denver CASA also holds Volunteer events throughout the year to provide continuing education for our Volunteers and to show appreciation. Corporations can sponsor one of our Volunteer events by providing cash to help offset the cost of the events. In exchange, the corporation will receive name recognition at the event. Give excess merchandise, materials or services while receiving the full tax benefits of a cash donation at one of our Volunteer events. These events are intended to provide support to our Volunteers and to show them how their hard work on behalf of these children is appreciated.
- CASA Kid Events: Throughout the year, Child Advocates-Denver CASA holds CASA Kids events where Volunteers and CASA kids can come together. One example of this is our Summer Picnic, where children are able to celebrate the warm weather, and receive backpacks of school supplies. We also hold an annual holiday party where Volunteers and the CASA children can share holiday treats, and stock up on warm coats and socks. Corporations can sponsor the events and activities, and receive name recognition. Providing excess merchandise, materials and services to our events intended to bring CASA Volunteers and their CASA children a chance to have fun.
- Lunch and Learns: Encourage and educate employees to volunteer with Child Advocates-Denver CASA. We are available to present to your business or civic group about our mission and what it means to be a CASA.
- Service Days: Help us with a school supply drive, a toy drive, CASA picnic, event nights or internships.
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you! Questions? Please contact Miranda Graul, Director of Development for Child Advocates – Denver CASA, at email@example.com or 303.832.4592.