Charitable IRA Rollover
Did you know that you can transfer funds directly from a traditional or Roth IRA to Child Advocates-Denver CASA, avoid having to report the distribution as income, and have an immediate impact on children who have been abused and/or neglected?
If you’re 70-1/2 or older, you can make a charitable IRA rollover which may provide a way to make a meaningful gift to Child Advocates-Denver CASA, reduce your overall tax burden, and take care of your annual required minimum distribution.
- How It Works
If you are 70-1/2 or older, you may transfer up to $100,000 per year directly from your IRA to Child Advocates-Denver CASA. If your spouse has a separate IRA, he or she is also eligible to make a charitable IRA rollover gift. The amount of the transfer will not be included in your taxable income, and the transferred amount counts toward the IRA’s required minimum distribution.
- Making Your Gift
- Talk to your financial and tax advisers to determine whether the charitable IRA rollover is the right option for you.
- Contact your IRA custodian and instruct them to make a distribution directly to Child Advocates-Denver CASA.
- Provide your IRA custodian with our tax ID number, 84-1300565, and contact information (below).
- Notify Miranda Graul, Director of Development that your gift is on the way.
Transfer of Stock
Long-term, appreciated stocks and securities are an excellent and relatively simple way to fulfill your charitable goals. Appreciated stocks and securities, which have been held for one year or more, can be donated to support our mission in helping abused and neglected children. They provide two benefits to you: a current income tax deduction and avoidance of capital gains taxes.
You may instruct brokers to transfer your securities for charitable contributions to Child Advocates – Denver CASA’s account at Edward Jones by filling out our stock transfer form.
In-kind donations offer the opportunity to give excess merchandise, materials, or services while receiving the full tax benefits of a cash donation.
- In-Kind Services: Printing for volunteer recruitment materials and manuals, invitations, event programs and signage, graphic design, photography and video production, advertising, social media support, and accounting.
- Program Support for Kids: Donate tickets to games and amusement parks for kids and their CASA Volunteers, gift cards to Target, Wal-Mart, Office Depot, gasoline cards for volunteers or any other gifts and activities that will benefit the children and youth we serve.
- Office Supply Needs: Donate new computer equipment, paper products, first class postage stamps, and other office supplies.
- Lunch and Learns: Educate and encourage other individuals to become involved with Child Advocates-Denver CASA. We are available to present to your business or civic group about our mission and what it means to be a CASA.
- Service Days: Help us with a school supply drive, a toy drive, CASA picnic, event nights or internships
- Events: Many individuals want to help support Child Advocates-Denver CASA by holding their own fundraising events or house parties to spread the word about CASA. We welcome these opportunities! If you an idea in mind for a fundraiser, we only ask that you contact us prior to planning the event so that we can approve the event to ensure that this fundraising opportunity is not only appropriate to the mission of Child Advocates-Denver CASA but also that we are able to properly thank the organizers and participants. We also can be available to present information at the event.
- Volunteer & CASA Kid Events: Volunteer at one of our Volunteer events or provide in-kind donations of food platters, drinks, gift cards and activities. Sometimes you may have resources in addition to money or time that would be helpful to Child Advocates-Denver CASA. Gift cards to stores help us to take care of unexpected needs.
Shop to Advocate
- Amazon Smile: When you shop on Amazon Smile, select Child Advocates-Denver CASA as your charity and they will make a donation to Child Advocates-Denver CASA for every purchase you make.
- Network for Good: Donate to Child Advocates-Denver CASA with the Capital One No Hassle Giving Site.
- Givella: Download the Givella app and choose Child Advocates-Denver CASA as your cause. When you shop with one of the nationwide Givella merchants they will automatically donate back to Child Advocates-Denver CASA.
As with all legal and financial matters, Child Advocates-Denver CASA recommends that donors consult with their personal legal, tax, and financial advisors for specific guidance on how giving to CASA can affect your personal tax or financial situation.
Thank you for your interest! Do you have questions? Please contact Miranda Graul, Director of Development, for Child Advocates- Denver CASA, at email@example.com or 303.832.4592.