Your Legacy

Bequests Through Your Will

A bequest to Child Advocates – Denver CASA is one of the most effective and simplest ways to make a lasting impact on the lives of vulnerable children. You may specify an exact amount or a percentage you wish to give to Child Advocates – Denver CASA. If you would like to make such a gift, you may include language similar to the following in your will:

“I, [name], of [city, state, zip code], give, devise and bequeath to Child Advocates – Denver CASA, a Colorado nonprofit public benefit corporation having its principal office at 960 Clarkson Street, Denver, Colorado 80218, [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] to be used for the furtherance of its charitable purposes in the discretion and at the direction of its board of directors for its unrestricted use and purpose.”

If you are considering making a gift by bequest, please meet with your attorney to discuss the ramifications and, if appropriate, update your will.

Giving Retirement Funds and Insurance Policies

If you would like to create a legacy for children but do not wish to designate a gift in your will, you can name Child Advocates – Denver CASA as a beneficiary of your retirement account or life insurance policy.

  • Retirement account: You can have a positive impact on children far into the future by naming Child Advocates – Denver CASA as beneficiary or contingent beneficiary of an IRA, 401(k plan,, 403(b) plan or other retirement account. Please consult with your financial planner or attorney regarding considerations when making this type of gift.

Insurance policies: Life insurance may be used to create a legacy by naming Child Advocates – Denver CASA as primary or contingent beneficiary of the policy. This requires that you complete a change of beneficiary form with your insurance company.